Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Main Area
 Australian Ham Chat Area
 1kw for VK now EMR FORMS NEEDED!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
vk3pa Posted - 02 Jan 2012 : 04:46:00 AM
When we ran 400w into 3 element yagi on a 2 section Nally tower we were under EMR levels fer Section 1 of the Act.. Now with 1kw into a 4 element , we go into the next section ..
We need to fill in the EMR forms
When u do ur sum;s most will find that they r now breaching the EMR rules.
Their r some easy to do programs fer cal of EMR OR GO TO ACAMA WEB ES DOWN LOAD THEIR ARTICAL ON "HOW TO CAL EMR..
It will tell u how far from the tower u have to be..
Now with Vertical arrays sitting on the ground or even a plain vertical , this becomes another problem!! U need to know the take off angle ,which also depends on weather ur using 1/4,1/2 5/ wave length.
So the crunch line is U NEED to sumitt a EMR form when u apply fer ur 1Kw permit.. that's what it is a permit to run 1KW
Next Q is , is this fer SSB oor any mode SSB,CW,RTTY, WOT EVER
or will de ACMA only give us SSB @ 1KW? es CW at a lowerpower
like we have nw
(400W ssb es 120W cw)
I belive when EMR figuers are used.the 1Kw permitts will not be granted!! to many who apply, mainly those in metro citys..
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
vk3pa Posted - 07 Jan 2012 : 09:05:00 AM
Higher power will not be permitted in certain areas that will be identified by the ACMA on its website

Will this be all inner Metro area's

vk3pa Posted - 07 Jan 2012 : 09:02:04 AM
Transmitter power outputs up to 1,000 watts PEP may be permitted, though the emission modes to which this limit will apply are still subject to consideration. It should be noted that lower power limits may be specified in some cases.

The higher power limits will only be permitted on the amateur HF bands where the amateur service is the primary service. The WIA has requested that the band 7100 to 7200 kHz be also included, and this is being considered,

Higher power will not be permitted in certain areas that will be identified by the ACMA on its website.

Licensees will continue to be obliged to comply with the EME requirements.

For the period of the trial, licensees permitted to use higher power will be encouraged to keep a full log of all transmissions on bands where the higher power is permitted, noting in each case the power in fact used.

vk3pa Posted - 04 Jan 2012 : 07:30:17 AM
this distance is in METERS

distance is from TOWER to ur fence/boundry line

/p do not qualifer so /remote, i will say no

vk3pa Posted - 02 Jan 2012 : 08:42:54 AM

http://www.vk3um.com/emr%20calculator.html

Goldfields DX Amateur Radio Group © 2002 - 2022 Goldfields DX Amateur Radio Group Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000