wia awards.It is sad news but letdown by WIA again
 New Topic  Reply to Topic Bookmark Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vk3pa
Deceased

Australia
1714 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2008 :  1:04:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit vk3pa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WIA membership statement:

I have formally resigned from my position as National WIA Awards manager on the 25th September 2007.I have been in this position since January 2001 developing and creating our world class award system
using fast tracking computer smart documents and producing all new National Award Certificates.
Made possible by our DXCC certificate sponsor Allan VK2CA for donating over $2,000 to our program
and making available these funds to our WIA awards membership.

My reasons for resignation:

In seven years we have gone ahead in leaps and bounds until 10 months ago, when our current awards website formally sponsored by VK6WIA Division in Perth, was refused software update funds on the 2nd March 2007.
This being the wisdom and decision of the WIA Management not to support its update, now declared a dead website.
Those local and overseas amateurs that used this website in Perth know it was the best thing the Federal WIA had ever put together thanks to Christine VK6ZLZ webmaster.
The new proposed WIA National website, we were told would be up and running in 5-6 weeks? as of today 10 months later I, and all our WIA members are still waiting!!.
No consideration what's so ever was given to keep our old site up and running, while they are still are pondering right now?

I can no longer accept the long term damage to our program mechanics and keep making up excuses for other people, this and my own reputation of 25 years in Amateur Radio, destroyed over the past ten months by an inconsiderate WIA management that has demonstrated no support to me or its members over this issue. I cannot apologise for that or this short notice.

To all WIA DX members that have enjoyed my dedicated service and our new awards program.
I wish you all the best as your past Awards Manager 2001-2007.

Please do not send any further correspondence to me as the Awards Office in Perth will be officially
closed as of the 31st. January 2008
and returned back to Melbourne.
All correspondence should be sent to the WIA National Head Office, Melbourne, Victoria.
PO Box 2175 Caulfield Junction. Victoria. 3161.
email: nationaloffice@wia.org.au

Mal. VK6LC
24th. January 2008.

CC: to all WIA Awards members, local and overseas.
Download this as a file

vk3pa
Deceased

Australia
1714 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2008 :  1:10:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit vk3pa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is sad news as anyone who has received an Aweard from Mal will know the amount of effort that Mal has put into the WIA AWARDS PROGRAM, web site es the production of All the certificates.
es for the sake of the website ,can we expect another well done AWARDS WEB SITE??
Go to Top of Page

vk3pa
Deceased

Australia
1714 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2008 :  07:02:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit vk3pa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
NOW the web for Awards has been closed..
Will we ever see the "WIA'" post another AWARDS web site ??
If so WHEN!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic Bookmark Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Goldfields DX Amateur Radio Group © 2002 - 2022 Goldfields DX Amateur Radio Group Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000